Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Wonder if she's doing fine

I'm worried for Yj. =( I don't know, she seems to have problems getting along with her class. And it's affecting her, I can feel it, I don't need her to tell me that. But it's difficult for me to advise her because I'm not in her class, as such I can't really access the situation. But one thing I can do is to encourage her and be a listening ear. She feels that she is not accepted, in fact she feels ostracised. Then I asked her why she is ostracised because I don't see why people should spontaneously ostracise her for no rhyme or reason. It must have been something she did. She told me she tends to be annoying when friendly and would say a lot of nonsense that might irritate people. Perhaps she should rethink about doing what she usually does to people whom she's not close to. And it'd help if she tones down that ego. Having said that, it's impossible to please everyone, but at least get a couple of buddies. Right now she seems to have no friend within the class or at least that's how she feels. I think she should learn to appreciate her classmates because maybe they don't feel her warmth. In everything you do, if you show your sincerity and let them know that you really appreciate them, I'm sure they'll see your motive as genuine even though you are being yourself. If there is warmth within you, it will radiate from you and spread to those around you. No matter how it comes out, whether fierce, stern, cheeky, jumpy, anxious, etc, it will still be felt. It's not so much about how loud you are; there are quiet people who are just as kind. So why not show them what you're worth. If there is someone whom you find particularly difficult to get along with, you may want to reflect if it is worth your effort to rebuild this relationship. What is most important is that it cannot be the case where if this person hates you then the whole class hates you. You must find some buddies within the class for support or else life is going to be very miserable. Anyway, when you feel down, just remember that you have buddies outside of class! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home